$5 a gallon of gas rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
No, not everyone can grow their own food, but often, they can buy more locally. Support your local growers. Find a community farm near you. Find a CSA... Buy local, but figure out the impact of going to pick up the food or have it delivered, too. (This is something that often gets forgotten in this mix...)

Maybe people will start to realize the true cost of oil. Lots of countries are paying 5 dollars a gallon. The gig has to be up sometime.

Is it just me, or did they have this scare last year, and the year before, and the year before, and the year before, and it never happened. Not saying it couldnt happened, but the skeptic in me is going to just wait on this one. Meanwhile, Im driving as little as I always have because whether gas is $2.50 a gallon or $3.50 a gallon, its still a lot of money for me to waste on anything other than careful planning and driving. One trip to town a week, period.

yup I live 20 miles from work and town so come Friday-I dont go anywhere all weekend-I plan my week out and do all errands Monday's or Fridays!

at last check, it was 2.49 a gallon in Idaho falls idaho, that was on sunday, no matter the price of gas i only go to the big town (idaho falls 23 miles away) once a week..... i go to the small town (rigby 7 miles away)once a week, when i need just one or two things.. my van is a gas hog!

I only drive about a mile to work myself, and LOVE it. I dont care if I make less money than if I drove much farther, its soooo worth it to get home in 3 minutes. And no traffic.

OK debi & halo...get out your walking shoes! That's just a quick stroll!

Until America decides that they've had enough, be prepared for things a lot worse than high gas prices. This country is in worse shape - then ever in it's history and society just lays down and puts up with it. I dont follow politics because I get too worked up over the answers being right in front of us, yet we do nothing as a society, except to be herded deeper and deeper in this financial abyss. No society/empire has ever survived more than 200+- years.......guess how many were at right now?

I hate to be the "doom & gloom" poster here, but we are already past the point of recovery. Our economic system has failed, our export goods are minimal, we bail out every other country when there's even so much as a bad storm, we have no market presence in the world anymore, our Gov't has let big business run rampant for so long - that we are no longer a competitor in the world economy. Even having a college degree does not carry the hope for success that it did years ago. I know people with Doctorate degree's working at Walmart. People with 4 yr degree's in management, working at home depot pushing lumber carts.

Were done folks, as an empire and as a world player. 5 years ago I used to say to everyone that was complaining, " This country may be messed up and in really bad condition, but it's STILL the best thing out there"...............I dont go around saying that anymore; I've stopped even trying to kid myself.

Personally, I think the Shell Oil exec has reasons he would love the gas price to be $5 a gallon. Didn't Exxon/Mobil show record profits the last time the price of gas went up?

If you think we have it hard, check out the European countries and what they pay per liter.

We just need to work on using what we need smarter, take fewer trips when possible and carpool when we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom