Pet Ducks Dumped in Neighborhood Pond, Help?

Free range or backyard/pen?

• Total voters
Pics
Try removing the sand for several days and wait and see if there's improvement, then you'll know for sure. Ensure they have clean fresh water to drink as well.
I will admit when we poured the sand into the border, a bunch of dust filled the room, I feel a little silly thinking that was acceptable

@Eggcessive @dawg53 @Miss Lydia
@FortCluck

I am having a emgencgy, my 11 week old polish just started freaking out for no reason, when we checked on her she was on her back flipping out and unable to move. We got her right side up and she seems super out of it and her breathing is very hard. We got it calm down a little bit, but I'm still worried. It honestly looked like she was going through death throws, and I just hope she pulls through.

Any thoughts on why this might of happened? And should we take her to the vet?

Last edited:
@Eggcessive @dawg53 @Miss Lydia
@FortCluck

I am having a emgencgy, my 11 week old polish just started freaking out for no reason, when we checked on her she was on her back flipping out and unable to move. We got her right side up and she seems super out of it and her breathing is very hard. We got it calm down a little bit, but I'm still worried. It honestly looked like she was going through death throws, and I just hope she pulls through.

Any thoughts on why this might of happened? And should we take her to the vet?
She might have a heart problem of some sort, maybe a heart valve to cause her to flip over. If that's the case, there's nothing you can do.

I’d def keep her inside for a while to watch her, make sure she’s drinking and eating. Did you notice anyone picking on her a good pop to the head may cause what you saw. Some vitamins in her drinking water like Poultry Nutridrench. Are her eyes dilated

I’d def keep her inside for a while to watch her, make sure she’s drinking and eating. Did you notice anyone picking on her a good pop to the head may cause what you saw. Some vitamins in her drinking water like Poultry Nutridrench. Are her eyes dilated

@Miss Lydia @dawg53 @Eggcessive @thumper650

Funny enough, the polish actually hasnt left thier indoor border in my room. Each chicken has their own space, with their own food and water dish. And they'll never have alone time with each other unless supervised, because we lost the last two chicks to a head injury from our larger chicken.

Last night while turning off bedroom lights, the polish chick starts to freak out with a high pitch chirpping and suddenly we hear a lot of banging and thrashing. Polish chick is in her boarder a lone, flipped onto her back(wings thrashing) and not breathing to good.
We took her out of her boarder, assuming she was gonna die...some how, my partner was able to resuscitate the polish chick by giving her bird CPR.
The polish chick is doing better, she acting a lot more like her self, then she was this morning(after giving CPR, she only wanted to sleep) but now is slowly going back to regular chicken activities. She will still open her month from time to time to breathe through her beak, but she's not breathing hard anymore like she was after we gave her the CPR.

She hasn't freaked out snice, but I'm still concerned that she might be suffering from something like lung disease or heart failure.
We also thought maybe she had gotten too hot, combined with the fact the polish chick was already worked up from running back and forth while peeping, could that of caused a possible heat stroke?

Back
Top Bottom