5 assorted chicks, no idea what they are

Dreamborn

Hatching
12 Years
May 11, 2007
Hello!

I am new to the whole chicken/waterfowl thing but chose to dive in head first. I recently bought 5 bantams from a feed store, and 2 ducks. I've read as much as one person could read about everything to do with bantams, but am still absorbing as much as I can. Needless to say at first it's information overload!! So far, I've had these chicks for 2 weeks and they are doing absolutely great! Chirpy, happy little fuzzballs. But I've not a clue if they are male and female and I've been trying to figure it out but I'm told to just wait. So, patiently I wait and watch and watch and obsess and watch lol.

Here are some pictures of them. Maybe someone could help me out and tell me what breeds and a guess on sex?

100_0479.jpg

100_0492.jpg

100_0480.jpg

100_0487.jpg

100_0489.jpg

100_0490.jpg

frow.gif
Hello and Welcome too! You sure have some cuties! I have no clue with bantams. The waiting game is frustrating
barnie.gif
but the only way I know. Good Luck and hopefully someone else will be able to help you out.

Cute chicks!
big_smile.png

I'd guess that the "chipmunk" one is an Ameraucana/Easter Egger (except now that I look again her legs don't look very green/slate... hmmm), and the brown with feathered feet is a Buff Brahma.

I second the Buff Brahma. Can't say on the rest.
The white/lt yellow one could be any number of things, but looks a lot like my White Rocks and White Leghorns did as chicks.

Edited to retract my guesses...I just re-read and noticed you said bantams. I know nothing about them.

Last edited:
the one with feathered feet and a light brown coloring Picture six looks like my mille fleurs but i couldn't be posative does it have feathers on its "knee's"? The one next to it looks like my quail
smile.png
but bigger, so maybe its a quail d'anver (never seen one of those chicks LOL just a wild out their guess. No idea about the other ones. Crystal

Thank you all for replying. I'll take some more pictures in a few weeks and see if I can figure out exactly what they are. I kinda like the mystery.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom