5 assorted chicks, no idea what they are

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Dreamborn, May 11, 2007.

1. Dreamborn

Dreamborn New Egg

May 11, 2007
    Hello!

I am new to the whole chicken/waterfowl thing but chose to dive in head first. I recently bought 5 bantams from a feed store, and 2 ducks. I've read as much as one person could read about everything to do with bantams, but am still absorbing as much as I can. Needless to say at first it's information overload!! So far, I've had these chicks for 2 weeks and they are doing absolutely great! Chirpy, happy little fuzzballs. But I've not a clue if they are male and female and I've been trying to figure it out but I'm told to just wait. So, patiently I wait and watch and watch and obsess and watch lol.

Here are some pictures of them. Maybe someone could help me out and tell me what breeds and a guess on sex?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    [​IMG] Hello and Welcome too! You sure have some cuties! I have no clue with bantams. The waiting game is frustrating [​IMG] but the only way I know. Good Luck and hopefully someone else will be able to help you out.

3. mlheran

mlheran Chillin' With My Peeps

Cute chicks! [​IMG]
    I'd guess that the "chipmunk" one is an Ameraucana/Easter Egger (except now that I look again her legs don't look very green/slate... hmmm), and the brown with feathered feet is a Buff Brahma.

4. AccidentalFarm

AccidentalFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2007
    I second the Buff Brahma. Can't say on the rest.
    The white/lt yellow one could be any number of things, but looks a lot like my White Rocks and White Leghorns did as chicks.

Edited to retract my guesses...I just re-read and noticed you said bantams. I know nothing about them.

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  5. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    If the Brown one with the stripe down his back has an extra toe on each foot then it is a Silver Grey Dorking, and if so they are very sweet birds.

6. cgjsmith

cgjsmith Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    tennessee
    the one with feathered feet and a light brown coloring Picture six looks like my mille fleurs but i couldn't be posative does it have feathers on its "knee's"? The one next to it looks like my quail [​IMG] but bigger, so maybe its a quail d'anver (never seen one of those chicks LOL just a wild out their guess. No idea about the other ones. Crystal

7. haleyluna

haleyluna Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    oklahoma city
    i agree that the featherfoot looks like a mille fleur.

8. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    My Old English game bantams looked like your little chipmunk guy/gal. They have incredible personalities!!!!

Ellen

9. haleyluna

haleyluna Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    oklahoma city
    chipmunk could be a creole old english:
    [​IMG]

10. Dreamborn

Dreamborn New Egg

May 11, 2007
    Thank you all for replying. I'll take some more pictures in a few weeks and see if I can figure out exactly what they are. I kinda like the mystery. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by