5 buttercups from Ideal

shaylee

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 4, 2008
Hamilton, Il
I ordered 5 female buttercups from ideal. These little birds have proven to be hardy. I didnt loose one. Well, I guess I kinda did, as I noticed while looking at my birds today that one of my buttercups is a roo for sure. The comb is developed, getting hackles, and looks different than my females. I guess next year or this winter I will order more females and put them all in their own tractor. I got them because they are pretty and I figure Ill sell the eggs next year. Kinda sad that one of my females was a male, but, being Irish, I figure it could be worse. These little girls, and guy, look great and have nice build on them.

All of my birds from Ideal arrived alive and thriving, in case anyone looks for buttercups. (I also ordered some RIRs) They also have no minimum order. Though the odd fees can get confusing.

We ordered some from MMH this past spring. The males are so rotten because our boys carry them around when they are outside ! "Moose" one of the roosters likes to fly up on your shoulder and walk around the yard.
lol.png
They are about 4 1/2 months old and are filling out beautifully ! Enjoy!!

I have a half buttercup roo and he is quite the man! He hatched Feb 21 this year. (He's also half silkie). He's loud and I worry that the neighbors are going to complain but we've grown so attached to him that I won't give him up unless I absolutely have to.
Oliver6-17.jpg
Enjoy yours!!

Last edited:
Quote:
My 6 yo son likes to carry Oliver around too! He has stopped flying up on my shoulder but he did that too for the longest time. He's very friendly.

A beautiful rooster. Mine lost some spots and got some rooster charcteristics to him. Kinda looking forward to seeing what he will look like once he completely crosses over to roosterdom, lol. He is pretty though. I love your roo pic. Gorgeous colors.

Back
Top Bottom