5 Month Old Drake Attacking 5 Week Ducklings

needlessjunk, Thanks for the reply. The only size difference is that the ducklings are already twice his size. They are welsh harlequins and Ollie is a mallard. Is it possible he will NEVER come around?
is is able to catch them and actually hurt them? They are still a bit young and I would give more time but what happens when they are all together? Does he just nip and chase them off or is he hell bent on killing them?

I have a five mallard ducklings and my pekin chases them around outside there fence. his buddy is a male mallard who will sit next to the fence and watch the ducklings. If there not causing trouble there free ranging my chickens.

is is able to catch them and actually hurt them? They are still a bit young and I would give more time but what happens when they are all together? Does he just nip and chase them off or is he hell bent on killing them?

He is totally hell bent on killing them.

I have a five mallard ducklings and my pekin chases them around outside there fence. his buddy is a male mallard who will sit next to the fence and watch the ducklings. If there not causing trouble there free ranging my chickens.

Your post is not clear to me. Can you please explain? Thanks.

my ducklings are in a fenced in area. my male pekin tries chasing them through the fence to try and get them. I have a male mallard who will wonder over and lay next to the fenced in area. the ducklings are only about a month old. had save them from there mom who killed most of them except for seven. went on vacation and a friends dog killed one and something happened to the other one. one of them was a twin.

Back
Top Bottom