5 month Splash Orpington

@chickenenthusiasts5698

Well that sucks I guess. We are possibly moving into town woth neighbors and while we can possobly keep our goats, ducks, dogs, and cat- two roo's may definitely be a no once they decide to begin crowing.

There's nothing in the council's notes I can see against it, but surely the neighbors may disagree withthe noise.

---

Would possibly housing them as we have been through the night in crates in a dark place help to keep them at a minimal crow?

Only once have we heard the black boy go, but that was 1.5 weeks ago and never since. They get on great, but we may end up eventually swapping out for egg layers. Just attached to these guys heh. (Ducky is mine, and Dinky the partners)

@chickenenthusiasts5698

Well that sucks I guess. We are possibly moving into town woth neighbors and while we can possobly keep our goats, ducks, dogs, and cat- two roo's may definitely be a no once they decide to begin crowing.

There's nothing in the council's notes I can see against it, but surely the neighbors may disagree withthe noise.

---

Would possibly housing them as we have been through the night in crates in a dark place help to keep them at a minimal crow?

Only once have we heard the black boy go, but that was 1.5 weeks ago and never since. They get on great, but we may end up eventually swapping out for egg layers. Just attached to these guys heh. (Ducky is mine, and Dinky the partners)
Can’t help with any info on helping them not crow but i’ve heard of crow collars but it’s a pretty controversial subject but maybe it’s something to look into?

We spoke to who we got him from as an 8 week old and she is apparently "uncertain" of his gender because she has never raised them from babies. But I believe she is skipping a few truths as she mentioned someone who has a pullet from her is looking for a cockeral to add and if we chose to rehome would be interested.

We love our boys very much, but we'll let you know what happens as we may find Dinky some girls and break his dominance dance with us or keep Ducky and not Dinky as he is very easy to catch, walk by and doesn't get aggressive. A very mellow cockeral and it looks the last day he's been challenging for head and winning over Dinky.

Back
Top Bottom