5 out of 7 dead 1 mia

Smiths

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 25, 2012
Enid, Ok
I feel horrible right now only had the chickens outside for afew days asked my wife to have 11 year old daughter let chickens out of coop into secured run while i was at work daughter didnt properly secure run entrance upon exit wifes dog made fast work of the birds....

Last edited:
So sorry for your loss, I can relate-- I am dependent on my 9 year old to shut the coop door at night when I am at work (DH has trouble fitting into run door opening to close it, majorly bad coop/run setup it was our first coop-- sometimes I think you should have chickens for 6 months before building your Coop!!!)-- and she forgets to close that door occasionally.....(only saving grace is that our dogs are loose at night outside of the larger fenced chicken area, so hoping that will be a second line of defense...)
I have read on this forum that your missing chicken has a good chance of coming home in a few days, sending Good Thoughts your way.... on that....

Thanks everyone and i hope so its my wifes favorite but this area has alot of stray / loose cats guess ima get a live trap from animal control and start getting rid of some of them. Trying to decide if if i can handle raising baby chicks again / looking into trying to find some started pullets seems everyone wants you to take a rooster to though and i cant have one. Or price of shipping is double cost of pullets

Back
Top Bottom