5 out of 9

WickedChicksNH

Crowing
Oct 2, 2017
New Hampshire
I put 9 eggs from my own chickens and my roo in the incubator 10 days ago
I have 7 NH Red (my hen) and Light Brahma (my roo) cross
and 2 Golden laced Wynadotte x Light Brahma

out of those 9, it looks like 5 of them are fertile.
only 1 of the GLW and LB, rest are the NH x LB

I can't see through the eggs as well as I could with other eggs I hatched, The NH red egg though not really dark it is darker than ones I have hatched in the past.

though I know there are chicks in them, It hard for me to tell if they are all still thriving in there.
So right now I am on the edge of my seat waiting to see if they are all good

slordaz

hatchaholic
5 Years
Apr 15, 2015
Idaho
best of luck, I have that issue with some of the darker colored eggs, using a stronger light might help to candle them, I borred my sons work flashlight it's about 700 lum. so it's a lot stronger light but still hard to see in but can see enough to tell if egg is progressing or not

WickedChicksNH

Crowing
Oct 2, 2017
New Hampshire
best of luck, I have that issue with some of the darker colored eggs, using a stronger light might help to candle them, I borred my sons work flashlight it's about 700 lum. so it's a lot stronger light but still hard to see in but can see enough to tell if egg is progressing or not

yeah I might have to find something stronger, with the other eggs I have hatched in the past I had no issue seeing the air cell, but I am having a hard time seeing it at all in all my NH RED eggs, which worries me, they seem to be taking up more space in the eggs so I am assuming they are growing OK

Top Bottom