5 torando's in 5 mintutes..

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Honeysuckle, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Honeysuckle

Honeysuckle Songster

Feb 26, 2009
    Burnin' up in KY
    There was a bad storm in Kentucky last night. The wind was so strong it blew are solid steel stand right over! But it did have a heavy fern on it that might of helped the wind. One newscaster said there was a torando in my cousin's town, but he said there wasn't. And the cheif newscaster said he doubted it. [​IMG]

2. OlliOlliOlli

OlliOlliOlli Songster

Apr 28, 2009
    We had a tornado watch last night. This was the sky around 9pm.

[​IMG]

Thankfully it went south...

3. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    [​IMG] ooo to the basement everyone!!!

wow...pretty awesome sky...freaky and yet cool.

4. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I love severe weather... Dangerous and beautiful at the same time!

The other day, I was outside trying to get good pics of shelf clouds before a huge thunderstorm hit.

5. mrszlopez

mrszlopez Songster

Apr 4, 2009
    Jackson,NJ
    Im in Jersey & we really dont get much of those tornadoes. A few warnings here & there, but nothing major. I dont know what Id do !! Im terrified of thunder & lightening so i think id be freaking !!! [​IMG]

6. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    Maine
    I actually sometimes wish that we had a tornado sometime...nothing that would ruin our house or the chicken coop, I just wish I could experience one. Up here in Maine all we usually get are thunderstorms and that's it. I have never experienced a tornado in my life. [​IMG] Would be interesting! I love watching thunderstorms(just as long as I'm inside) [​IMG]

7. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

Quote:YAAAAA [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm not the ONLY one that does that [​IMG]

8. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:YAAAAA [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm not the ONLY one that does that [​IMG]

Nope you are now one of three...I do the same thing. I have some awesome pics of the skies before various hurricanes such as Andrew. Amazing pictures one day I will get them up online but for now they are in an album.

9. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

I want to see hurricans and tornados in person [​IMG] where I live we don't get much of either one [​IMG]

10. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

We are under the gun right now. Tornado warnings left and right. The radar is showing BAD stuff, multiple cells and storma ll converging over us in about 30 mins. NW Alabama it's headed your way.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: