5 week old barred rock bully

Gooseface

Songster
Apr 15, 2020
So I have a 5 week old barred rock pullet that’s bullying 3 of my EE pullets. The BR is pecking the tail quite a bit making the other 3 bleed. I removed her for a week from the flock, hoping it would “reset” the pecking order. I put her back in the run/coop last night. Well today she is back at it. The 3 EE’s healed up and today their tails have been pecked until bleeding again. And I saw her doing it. Any advice?

8 chicks, coop is an elevated 6x5 coop. The run is attached to the coop. It is 6x14 with 5ft under the coop and 9ft full height (7’) covered with a sand floor. The second aux run is 17x14 that they can get into through the run door. This allows them to pick and peck in the grass/weeds/dirt when I open it up for them.

I had a BR that terrorized my EE till the poor thing almost starve to death. BR wouldn’t let her near a feeder, kept her trapped in the coop. I rehomed the BR to a big farm that needed a BR hen for their BR rooster. Meanwhile the EE stopped laying eggs. She was 11 months old and this year Labor Day it will be 2 years since she laid a pretty green egg. She’s happy, healthy, and gets along fine. But no eggs. I hope you find a good home for yours.

Back
Top Bottom