5 Week Old Chick Attempting To Kill Other Chick

Apr 26, 2021
I currently have 5 chicks in one brooder (a very large tote). From what I have been told from y’all on here and what I have noticed I have to roosters. I was planning on getting rid of one because my silkie might be one, and giving it to a friend. So last night I went downstairs to where I am keeping them i noticed they were fighting (more like one attacking the other). I was very concerned and I would pick one up to separate them, then put it back in the brooder. The fighting will begin instantly. After that happened I had an extra tote that I could use so to keep it from flying out I put tin foil on top and poked holes in it. I have it a old samewich meat container of water and sprinkled food around on the bottom. It would not stop chirping so loud so I put my silkie with it and they stopped. Where it had been attacked the feathers are missing on its head and some on its back. What do I do ? My fried said to reenterdues them today . I am going to try that now and upload a video. Pls help.

Back
Top Bottom