5 week old Orpington, Pullet or Cockerel?

I’d thought this kid a girl for a while, but she’s still quite young and now her tiny amount of waddle development and new assertive personality has me wondering if I was wrong.
Hatched sept 14, has been alone this past week due to being bullied.
View attachment 2382487View attachment 2382488
Pullet definitely pullet her comb and feathers say pullet FEAMALeS have longer tail feather Rember that

No females have longer tails and wings when younger do ur research pls I bet ur new to owning chickens
Excuse me?
Wow.
I am not new to this. I am not an adult, it’s true, but I did three years of hardcore research before getting chickens and took an online college level course on chickens.
I know my stuff.
And if you are talking about feather sexing, I’ll have you know it only works accurately on chicks from a cross that was
fast feathering parent x slow feathering parent.
Many blogs and sites claim that it works on all birds, and while for certain breeds there may be some truth to this, it is NOT very accurate.
Please don’t be rude.

Excuse me?
Wow.
I am not new to this. I am not an adult, it’s true, but I did three years of hardcore research before getting chickens and took an online college level course on chickens.
I know my stuff.
And if you are talking about feather sexing, I’ll have you know it only works accurately on chicks from a cross that was
fast feathering parent x slow feathering parent.
Many blogs and sites claim that it works on all birds, and while for certain breeds there may be some truth to this, it is NOT very accurate.
Please don’t be rude.
Uh no feather sexing works on standard breed i am professional veterinarian that works with chicken I did vet school espically on chicken I had a friend that worked with cackle hatchery and I know my stuff okay pulleys have longer wings and tail when there younger MALES has shorter wings and tails BUT when they grown to 10 weeks the pulleys and cockerel have the same length okay. And I’ve own lost if chickens and the pulleys always have longer wings and tails even google says I learned determining gender there is feather sexing which works on standard breed and vent sexing buff Orpington are standard so the female will have longer wings and tails please do proper research and I can tell ur lying with ur words do know how because female less than 10 weeks old have longer wings and tail. You probably never own baby chicks i bet you only own adults it’s ok ur new just know FEMALES less that 10 weeks old have longer wings feather and tail feather. MALES less than 10 weeks have shorter wing and tails. :)

Uh no feather sexing works on standard breed i am professional veterinarian that works with chicken I did vet school espically on chicken I had a friend that worked with cackle hatchery and I know my stuff okay pullets have longer wings and tail when there younger MALES has shorter wings and tails BUT when they grown to 10 weeks the pulleys and cockerel have the same length okay. And I’ve own lost if chickens and the pulleys always have longer wings and tails even google says I learned determining gender there is feather sexing which works on standard breed and vent sexing buff Orpington are standard so the female will have longer wings and tails please do proper research and I can tell ur lying with ur words do know how because female less than 10 weeks old have longer wings and tail. You probably never own baby chicks i bet you only own adults it’s ok ur new just know FEMALES less that 10 weeks old have longer wings feather and tail feather. MALES less than 10 weeks have shorter wing and tails. :)

Back
Top Bottom