5 week old pekin quickly fading

Pics
I ended up running to the drug store and buying non Flushing niacin. Seeing as it's water-soluble and you really can't OD on it I crushed up a quarter of a 250mg pill and gave it with his "soup".
You might want to try a different niacin. I think most people say to avoid the non flushing ones. @Miss Lydia?

so I haven't posted in awhile because I didn't want to jump the gun again in case things Got better then got worse. I was sure it was a vitamin deficiency because at first it seemed to help given him the extra niacin.. but that only lasted a couple days and he relapsed. I felt crushed since I thought he was on the upswing...... But being a week since this all started happening, I am glad to say he is almost back to normal. Early in the week I started noticing discharge by his eyes which I started to wonder if maybe he had a infection. So I started him on some antibiotics and continued to give him a Pedialyte organic baby food, sweet peas, and niacin mixture. Needless to say was starting to eat on his own (with the others in their pen) by Thursday night. He just got out of a bath in the baby pool (about an hour ago) and you could barely tell which one he was As he was splashing around and grooming himself just like the others. He was given some separate pampering yesterday and I was happy to see that he has some of his strength back as he was trying to get away from me when I was wrapping him up in a towel. each night I like to sit in monitor his behavior for about a half hour 45 minutes just to make sure that he is progressing. His twitches and shakes are gone. Thanks everyone for all of the help and support.

Back
Top Bottom