5 week old Salmon hatchery pullet with black breast?

I grew up with a coop full of a variety of bantams and unusual breeds as my step-dad bred them...I wish I could have that again...but I married a city boy :/ LOL

Well Yolko is still on our farm...she has a mottled black breast and thus far appears to be all hen at 4 months old, she is a bit...uhm...homely but very very sweet.

Well Yolko is still on our farm...she has a mottled black breast and thus far appears to be all hen at 4 months old, she is a bit...uhm...homely but very very sweet.
do you have an updated pic? Seems there were a lot of dark breasted chicks last year, I'm wondering how they turned out.

I will find a picture of her breast. She is the dressed up chicken in my profile pic though :)

here's the updated pictures....of our HEN! First to lay of my pullets too....LOL...I decided to keep her and her friend and got 2 more...so now I have 4 instead of three....oops ;) She's an ugly little thing....but pretty darn sweet :)

here's the updated pictures....of our HEN! First to lay of my pullets too....LOL...I decided to keep her and her friend and got 2 more...so now I have 4 instead of three....oops ;) She's an ugly little thing....but pretty darn sweet :)

Thanks for posting the update--she's really quite adorable!

Thanks...I kind of rank her up there with so ugly she's cute...and she makes a great profile picture...lol

Back
Top Bottom