5-week-old turkey poults dying!

Mar 8, 2019
AL, USA
I had 9 turkey poults last week, now I have six. All are bourbon reds, 5 weeks old (just one is about three weeks older). They are in a tractor outside. Two days ago we found one dead in the tractor and thought it had either injured itself or maybe attacked through the fence because it we accidentally missed it in the dark and didn't lock it up with the rest.
We've been watching them and some seemed a bit lethargic maybe but didn't see any other symptoms. This morning there is another dead and another that will be dead soon (too late to do anything for it). I also found bloody droppings for the first time this morning (had cleaned the coop out two days ago and didn't see any then).

I'm worried we might lose the whole flock and we're just getting started! Obviously they are sick. I just don't know what kind of sick or what to do to save the rest. Advice?

While we are on the topic of turkeys, any advice for this guy? His face has been swollen like this for weeks now with no change. He came to me this way and we thought it was the result of a fight. No other symptoms, no change in the swelling, no other birds affected.
IMG_1530-2.PNG

Back
Top Bottom