5-week-old turkey poults dying!

Mar 8, 2019
AL, USA
I had 9 turkey poults last week, now I have six. All are bourbon reds, 5 weeks old (just one is about three weeks older). They are in a tractor outside. Two days ago we found one dead in the tractor and thought it had either injured itself or maybe attacked through the fence because it we accidentally missed it in the dark and didn't lock it up with the rest.
We've been watching them and some seemed a bit lethargic maybe but didn't see any other symptoms. This morning there is another dead and another that will be dead soon (too late to do anything for it). I also found bloody droppings for the first time this morning (had cleaned the coop out two days ago and didn't see any then).

I'm worried we might lose the whole flock and we're just getting started! Obviously they are sick. I just don't know what kind of sick or what to do to save the rest. Advice?

I was able to give each poult another 2ml by mouth twice last night, but we still have another one looking droopy today. I made a fresh jar of water with the corid this morning and I've been getting as much of that in it as possible for the last hour. I also gave it the rapid response dose of Nutri drench because it was just getting so weak. I'm going to keep putting the water down it and see what happens.
🙏

Down to two poults now and the older one is looking droopy. I'm not sure what to do with it. I'm worried something other than coccidia is going on. Here's a video. This is uh "perked up" compared to before I gave it a dose of Nutri drench with some herbs. 😬
Any thoughts?

Nutridrench defeats the purpose of giving Corid. Corid blocks thiamine preventing the coccidia from this necessary vitamin. Giving Nutridrench provides the coccidia with the thiamine that the Corid is blocking.

Back
Top Bottom