5-week-old turkey poults dying!

Looks like I can get the powder or oral solution at our feed store but not until tomorrow. Is one better than the other for birds? How should I dose it?
I'd go with the liquid.

Water, or drenching. You could do both, if it's necessary.

@casportpony, can help with dosage.

While we are on the topic of turkeys, any advice for this guy? His face has been swollen like this for weeks now with no change. He came to me this way and we thought it was the result of a fight. No other symptoms, no change in the swelling, no other birds affected. View attachment 3249052
Any discharge from the eyes, or nostrils?

While we are on the topic of turkeys, any advice for this guy? His face has been swollen like this for weeks now with no change. He came to me this way and we thought it was the result of a fight. No other symptoms, no change in the swelling, no other birds affected. View attachment 3249052
Looks like I see bubbles or foaming discharge in his eyes and nasal swelling usually caused by sinus infections. MG things like that.

Alright, things aren't working out too well. Couldn't get the medicine until this morning. Lost two more poults just since I fed them this morning. The others have been dosed, they aren't acting lethargic yet so I think they'll be okay. But we are down from 9 birds to just 3. We practically need to start over again to begin our breeding flock. Boy we've had a hard time with turkeys. First we tried hatching nine eggs and only one hatched and survived. Then we bought eight poults locally and of those we have two left. We're not even sure what to do now.

Back
Top Bottom