5-week-old turkey poults dying!

Yeah they drop fast when that coccidia hits em. What I did was went out every 30 minutes or so and shot 1ml down its throat but I was off work, i know you can't can't that if your at work.Keep that corid on hand I'd get some baytril ( I think that's it) or tylan 50 to keep around also. You can get the tylan at tractor supply I'm not sure about the baytril. They'll get that snotty swole up head sometimes and it's nice to have those antibiotics there. I got 4 in the brooder now that's maybe 3 weeks old. These will be my last to hatch for the year.

Yeah they drop fast when that coccidia hits em. What I did was went out every 30 minutes or so and shot 1ml down its throat but I was off work, i know you can't can't that if your at work.Keep that corid on hand I'd get some baytril ( I think that's it) or tylan 50 to keep around also. You can get the tylan at tractor supply I'm not sure about the baytril. They'll get that snotty swole up head sometimes and it's nice to have those antibiotics there. I got 4 in the brooder now that's maybe 3 weeks old. These will be my last to hatch for the year.
Thanks! I work from home so I could actually dose them frequently. Really don't want to lose them so I think I will do that. I will see about getting those antibiotics.

I was able to give each poult another 2ml by mouth twice last night, but we still have another one looking droopy today. I made a fresh jar of water with the corid this morning and I've been getting as much of that in it as possible for the last hour. I also gave it the rapid response dose of Nutri drench because it was just getting so weak. I'm going to keep putting the water down it and see what happens.
🙏

Down to two poults now and the older one is looking droopy. I'm not sure what to do with it. I'm worried something other than coccidia is going on. Here's a video. This is uh "perked up" compared to before I gave it a dose of Nutri drench with some herbs. 😬
Any thoughts?

Down to two poults now and the older one is looking droopy. I'm not sure what to do with it. I'm worried something other than coccidia is going on. Here's a video. This is uh "perked up" compared to before I gave it a dose of Nutri drench with some herbs. 😬
Any thoughts?

Nutridrench defeats the purpose of giving Corid. Corid blocks thiamine preventing the coccidia from this necessary vitamin. Giving Nutridrench provides the coccidia with the thiamine that the Corid is blocking.

Nutridrench defeats the purpose of giving Corid. Corid blocks thiamine preventing the coccidia from this necessary vitamin. Giving Nutridrench provides the coccidia with the thiamine that the Corid is blocking.
That's why I was not originally using it. But the corid has made no difference at all. I spent hours with the last poult getting the corid and water in it as often as I could (like every 5-10 minutes) and it still died. I've kind of given up hope that it will do this one any good either. I'm not even sure I'm treating them for the right thing anymore.

This poult was looking so weak I decided to give it a last ditch effort and try to give it some energy with some quick nutrients. So far it is looking a bit better rather than worse.
:idunno

Is there something other than the Nutri drench I could give for energy and nutrition? Something without the thiamine?

Back
Top Bottom