1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

5 white campbells..

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by kingpincray, Oct 14, 2010.

1. kingpincray

kingpincray Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Palmerston North
    They have all hatched today and doing really well. Now I have to vent sex them to figure out which are the girls as I plan to keep maybe 2 and the rest will go back to my colleague. I am currently over run with ducklings at the moment with both excellent hatches and she is actually going to help me look after them first.

aren't they gorgeous?

[​IMG]

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    [​IMG]

Well done!! They are gorgeous. After hatching so many coloured ones- its so cute to see " normal" yellow ducklings.

I have two out now- with a third nearly there. I can see a pure yellow beak on one of them- so I know that Flippy my only white Runner must be the mother of that one.

3. FunnyBunnies12

FunnyBunnies12 Chillin' With My Peeps

I can only hope that I see a successful hatch out of my 5. I'm going into lock down a day early, one of them is tappin away and it's head is in the airsac. The bill reaches the top, it's pink, and I can see it so clearly, I'm hopeful for this one.

4. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Best of luck funnyBunnies12 with this lot.

Here are the first two of mine...Still a little wet- I hope they will be dried of and have a few more friends in the morning.

[​IMG]

5. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    [​IMG]

6. kingpincray

Jul 19, 2009
    Palmerston North
    Quote:you will and we will want to see pictures...

7. kingpincray

Jul 19, 2009
    Palmerston North
    I tried to vent sex them last night but couldn't see a willy in any of them. Am I that lucky to get all girls? or did i not do it right? I watched the metzer's video on how to vent sex so i tried it...maybe I will get my colleague to do it.

8. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    So many cute ducklings hatching right now on this forum!

9. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

Quote:You have trouble on hand. The one on the right is just looking for some kind of trouble. You better watch out. I love it when they are so curious. Nosy little bugger.

10. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    That was the first to hatch- and has a few hours head start on the others. I have 5 out now...nestled up on a hot water bottle here at work. That little one was just too roudy to leave in the bator all day with the others still trying to hatch.

The one I am very suprised about- all yellow with an orange beak. I think that is evidence that says Harvey my Pekin may the the father as I know from the marking on the egg that Heather was the mother..time will tell I guess. I did think Flippy was the mother until I removed the empty egg from the bator and saw the writting on it. For now I am just happy I have something a different colour to normal to look at.

Cant wait to get home and see how the other 6 have all gone while I am here at work.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by