5 white campbells..

kingpincray

Songster
10 Years
Jul 19, 2009
Palmerston North
They have all hatched today and doing really well. Now I have to vent sex them to figure out which are the girls as I plan to keep maybe 2 and the rest will go back to my colleague. I am currently over run with ducklings at the moment with both excellent hatches and she is actually going to help me look after them first.

aren't they gorgeous?

37153_dscn5823.jpg

wee.gif

Well done!! They are gorgeous. After hatching so many coloured ones- its so cute to see " normal" yellow ducklings.

I have two out now- with a third nearly there. I can see a pure yellow beak on one of them- so I know that Flippy my only white Runner must be the mother of that one.

I can only hope that I see a successful hatch out of my 5. I'm going into lock down a day early, one of them is tappin away and it's head is in the airsac. The bill reaches the top, it's pink, and I can see it so clearly, I'm hopeful for this one.

Best of luck funnyBunnies12 with this lot.

Here are the first two of mine...Still a little wet- I hope they will be dried of and have a few more friends in the morning.

46956_first_two_out.jpg

I tried to vent sex them last night but couldn't see a willy in any of them. Am I that lucky to get all girls? or did i not do it right? I watched the metzer's video on how to vent sex so i tried it...maybe I will get my colleague to do it.

That was the first to hatch- and has a few hours head start on the others. I have 5 out now...nestled up on a hot water bottle here at work. That little one was just too roudy to leave in the bator all day with the others still trying to hatch.

The one I am very suprised about- all yellow with an orange beak. I think that is evidence that says Harvey my Pekin may the the father as I know from the marking on the egg that Heather was the mother..time will tell I guess. I did think Flippy was the mother until I removed the empty egg from the bator and saw the writting on it. For now I am just happy I have something a different colour to normal to look at.

Cant wait to get home and see how the other 6 have all gone while I am here at work.

Back
Top Bottom