5 wk coturnix hen sick

Peristeria

Songster
Jul 4, 2020
Hello! Our 5 wk old hen is all fluffed up, sleeping lots, and seems very very light compared to her siblings. Her poop is a milky green. I have tried to feed her eggs and some yogurt but she wont eat anything. Her wings seem to sag and she doesnt look aware. They are on wire and have ACV water right now. Anyone know what's wrong? Thanks!

(I moved this from the emergencies section)

20200814_191611.jpg

That doesn't look good. That looks like bile, so she hasn't been eating for a while.

ACV is not a cure all, and probably not a good idea right now. Can you get some food into her? Maybe the yogurt watered down so you can use a dropper or pipette?

Are any of your other birds showing symptoms? How long has she been like this? She may not make it, but keep her warm and try to get some food into her.

That doesn't look good. That looks like bile, so she hasn't been eating for a while.

ACV is not a cure all, and probably not a good idea right now. Can you get some food into her? Maybe the yogurt watered down so you can use a dropper or pipette?

Are any of your other birds showing symptoms? How long has she been like this? She may not make it, but keep her warm and try to get some food into her.

Shes been super light her whole life so I didnt notice until now (we have standards mixed with jumbos so I thought nothing of it). Recently (probably 3-6 days maybe??) shes been sleeping tons and her wings sag. I havent seen her eat or drink and I tried dropping food in her mouth but she spits/flings it all out, although I did get 2 tiny bites of scrambled eggs in her. I cant help her until tomorrow unfortunately. (They only have acv water because I thought somebody had sour crop and the internet said that could help.) Shes been separated from her siblings. Thanks for the advice

Ok I can do that. I hold them all regularly, the ones that let me haha. An update on her- she now eats her scrambled eggs and yogurt!!! Yay! Her poop seems to be getting more solidish but I cant tell since her quarantine house has pinestraw bedding-bad choice for poop examination. She is walking around and seems to be doing better! Thanks for the input!

Back
Top Bottom