50 post per page

I have mine set now at 100 posts per thread. On the old BYC the max was 75 I think.

I wonder if that's only a feature for Platinums, since a GFM posted here that they couldn't see the setting.

I wish we could all have it set for the same number so we would all be on the same page so to speak.
It's important that different people can set it to different numbers of posts per page, because different computers/browers/phones/internet connections behave differently. For example, on a phone, it can be really hard and slow to scroll down 100 posts, that could take a couple minutes. On a dialup connection desktop computer you want lots of posts per page, because each time you change pages it could take a minute or more.

I think you've got it! After all, the people setting this up were mainly admins and platinum members. Maybe they never realized that the setting isn't available to GFM's and regular users? By the way, I tried this site in Internet Explorer, and get exactly the same thing. No place to set # of posts in it, either.

I LOVED that feature! I always had mine set to 75. I'd like to see that preference opened to everyone since it was available to everyone in the old forum.
sad.png

Just another reason this new format is going to drag on and on and on without any real speed. it's a handicap for those who don't to spend all their time clicking their way into oblivion. Please make some changes that make this new format easier and more user friendly.

the site wasn't tested using Firefox?

What? Seriously? Huddler doesn't test their service using Firefox? That seems nonsensical to me.

Anyway, if setting it to 50/75/100 messages per page isn't going to be a feature available to all, then that will curtail my time spent at BYC. And I surely shouldn't pay just for that feature. No mon(ey), no fun. I guess that's why it's called a Depression.

Thanks for help.

Back
Top Bottom