I just used a small dish with stones (I didn't have any marbles so I used tumbled stone, washed of course) they did walk all over it, but what can you do. It kept them from drowning
wink.png
As far as pooping and getting other stuff in the water... I still haven't been able to completely solve that one!

Please be careful, I had a chick drown, unbelievable, in 1/2 inch of water in a pie pan. Get the chick waterer, it only costs like $1.50.

You can also fill the shallow dish full of rocks/pebbles. That way, their beaks can get water between the cracks, but they cannot stand in the water.

In the Learning Center at the top of the page there is a article on how to make a waterer out of a 5 gallon bucket. You could down size it and make one for free. Any plastic container that would fit in a small bowl with a small space around the edge would work fine. Just drill a hole in the top of the container, fill and turn upside down in the bowl. I made the 5 gallon waterer for my run and it works great and lasts a few days. John

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom