5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

I have a baby!! Oh my gosh! What is this thing! Blue skin, blond hair, looks like maybe a naked neck?

Adorable!

One of my chicks is a day early - just in time to celebrate my birthday with me!

Happy birthday to both of you!

lau.gif
Great looking "spoiled egg"
jumpy.gif
Second one hatched this morning! Think that the others are quitters...will give them another day. Time to play the guessing game as to what mix they are.
idunno.gif

Yes, give them time.
I have a baby!! Oh my gosh! What is this thing! Blue skin, blond hair, looks like maybe a naked neck?

Wait until the chick fluffs up. Did you set Naked Necks?
One of my chicks is a day early - just in time to celebrate my birthday with me!

Nice! Did you intend to hatch on the turner?
Husband has never 'been around' for hatching - its always happened in another building and he hasn't seen anything except the dry, fluffy cute successes.
He keeps 'happening to notice' the state of the chick every few minutes.... "It's STUCK IN THE CORNER!!!" "He's trapped between two eggs and his leg is sticking up!!!!" "Are you sure you don't need to get him out???" "Are you sure he's sleeping? He MIGHT be dead!"
lau.gif
lau.gif
They do look dead sometimes!

I have all my brooder supplies ready, should i set it up to make sure I can get the temp okay? or is it to soon? also I got a 10lb bag of 24% chick starter im going to mix with my 16%grower to get a 22 or 20% feed and ill lower it each week so by around 4 weeks they are on the 16% (because that's when the label says to start then on t that feed) are there any flaws in my plan?

Did the last 1 from my eggs make it?

It's still alive, I just checked this morning..goes into lock down on Fri.   What would it be? It's one of the nice light brown colored ones, not cream,  an oval shape to it, but not real narrow. 

The roos are EE, OE & CL. My cream layers are the tetra tint & the light brahma. If it comes out black & white with feathered legs it's a ee brahma. Any other color baby us a ee tetra tint.

I have all my brooder supplies ready, should i set it up to make sure I can get the temp okay? or is it to soon? also I got a 10lb bag of 24% chick starter im going to mix with my 16%grower to get a 22 or 20% feed and ill lower it each week so by around 4 weeks they are on the 16% (because that's when the label says to start then on t that feed) are there any flaws in my plan?
I keep them on starter grower until they lay their first egg or go to freezer camp. It is 20% protein.

Back
Top Bottom