5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

It's 7:40 PM here now, and my eggs are also still being boring.  The last batch of eggs from my RIR that I tried to hatch only hatched on day 23... Today is day 20 for me (or day 20 ended at 14:00 since I set eggs on the 11th at 14:00).  Let's hope my eggies don't wait until day 23 again.
My eggs are being boring too! No pips, no zips. Hopefully soon! I hope they all make it! Congrats to all the new babies, so cute, I'm excited and impatient!!!!!!

my eggs were wrapped in paper towels, then put in an egg carton, double boxed with both boxes packed with bubble wrap and news paper and all of the fertile eggs developed and i think that only one of the developed ones quit! so right now im at 9/12

That is a better packing job, but the eggs should have been bubble wrapped too. What will tissue wrapped around an egg do? Not Much!

SoManyHats...here is a Show Girl of mine.

A white baby first that I hatched a while back..
Couldn't find the blue splash I just hatched a couple of months ago..Had a nice full feathered neck like this one.

Last edited:
My eggs are being boring too! No pips, no zips. Hopefully soon! I hope they all make it! Congrats to all the new babies, so cute, I'm excited and impatient!!!!!!

O yes. Congrats to all with peeps, pips, zips and hatchlings
jumpy.gif
For everyone: May every single egg that went into lock down make it
fl.gif

1 fully hatched ameracuana, 1 pipped and 2 zipping! (All of those care Am) and a whole lot of cheeping from the rest of the eggs!
wee.gif

20 hours in and my little wrong ender was still not out. I assisted.... now he is in the incubator resting in half of the egg. I am reluctant to pull him the rest of the way out worried that the yolk sac isn't fully absorbed yet. Taking the girls to the movies and when I get back I hope he has freed himself the rest of the way.

thumbsup.gif

Good Job!
That is a very nice pip!

Husband has never 'been around' for hatching - its always happened in another building and he hasn't seen anything except the dry, fluffy cute successes.
He keeps 'happening to notice' the state of the chick every few minutes.... "It's STUCK IN THE CORNER!!!" "He's trapped between two eggs and his leg is sticking up!!!!" "Are you sure you don't need to get him out???" "Are you sure he's sleeping? He MIGHT be dead!"
lau.gif

I heard chirping and tapping last night. Woke up to 1 pip, and 2 more have pipped since then! Come on chickies!!
jumpy.gif
ya.gif

Did you get to sleep at all?!
Closed the lid at 12:08 AM 12/12.

Pipped last night about 8:00 p.m.

2nd pip about midnight.

Up with the baby at 5:00 a.m. We have a chick!
celebrate.gif

and another pip!
yippiechickie.gif

Can't believe it! The early bird is an EE aka Brahmacauna
lol.png
A little gold chipmunked feathered legged cutie. Pictures later!

After the Chicken sitter problems, I am so happy that you are getting replacements!
My daughter called and said we have one pip so far, and it is one of the two questionable's that almost did not make it into lock down, so I am pleasantly surprised!
I love it when questionable egg begin to hatch!

I have one hatched, and four others have pipped and are rocking around. I will get pictures up later. This is so exciting!!!!
Ooh, I heard a chip on my hatch cam and I swear I hear pecking on the shell noises....

This is all very Egg citing!

Guilty. I try not to get lost online, and when I set mine at midnight on the 10th it was just a personal decision to aim for the ball drop - then I popped in and realized I'd timed along with lots of other folks, and...
idunno.gif

Perfect timing on the egg set! We are not picky here.
Oh I didn't mean anything except that if you looked at the guess number set it would be shy LOL we are thrilled to have more hatching along than we thought!
The number set was low due to reporting. Many of us did not report the number set. I would guess that the number set for the hatch is close to 2500 but that is a guess.

SoManyHats...here is a Show Girl of mine.

A white baby first that I hatched a while back..
Couldn't find the blue splash I just hatched a couple of months ago..Had a nice full feathered neck like this one.
barnie.gif
No, not more show girls...and flowers...Do not let my daughters see those....I may be forced to set up a little play coop for them with princess decorations.....

Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom