5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

I am going to buy me a new incubator after this! I think it really had to do with my incubator and thermometer why only 2 out of 7 lived to lock down and only 1 lived to hatch. I have 4 more due tomorrow at the latest, I am not holding hope for them either.
sad.png

Under $500 and with a turner what would you guys suggest? I was looking at a Brinsea.... but am to new to know for sure. Suggestions??

I finally got tired of fiddling with my LG bator and having crummy hatches and built a wine cooler incubator. It holds the turner from the LG perfectly and cost maybe $300 including the stand it's on. It's working really well so far, but without finding the wine cooler on craigslist for $45 it wouldn't have happened.

Bad news:(

I've lost all but already hatched #47 & now being assisted to hatch #15

The 4 others that were alive showing movement when I went to LD all shipped all died:

2 internal pips through viens (bloody beaks) <--blaming shipped air cell for bad positioning

2 internal pips but apparently could not move enough to external pip

these last 2 I blame on a combo of wonky shipped air cells plus a sudden drop in humidity that messed up my LD (house heat pump & big change of weather argh).

So since #15 has been internal piped for 48 hrs & external pipped w/ no signs of ever zipping and a worrisome lack of peeping I started assisting about 2 hrs ago.
In small stages we have progressed to still sitting in the bottom of the shell, taking a nap as if after having down its own zip, I'm hoping this will allow #15 to rally some vigor and finish hatching...

I'd really like this one CL or BAM from the shipped eggs to make it, esp. as #47 needs a buddy. My next batch of eggs is not due for a week. (& I added water to that bator this am, I normally dry hatch but the house heater was on so much last night I felt water will be required hope I'm not too late w/ those...the amt of increase in air cell size on the dead eggs in the past 48 hrs was rather alarming esp. given they are in w/ water in the bottom well plus a dish w/ water & sponge)

Everyone cross your fingers for #15 pls.
fl.gif

please
let
this
chick
survive!

I found post of Several GQF wood 'bators less than 6 months old for this kills me $200. and me with my budget on a diet.
droolin.gif

I've been looking for bators around me but no luck where you see these posts at I may have to take a day or two off work for some driving lol

I so want to takes pics. But I think one is internally pipped and don't want to open the incubator. And since my heat lamp busted, I can't more them to the brooder pen yet.

I finally got tired of fiddling with my LG bator and having crummy hatches and built a wine cooler incubator. It holds the turner from the LG perfectly and cost maybe $300 including the stand it's on. It's working really well so far, but without finding the wine cooler on craigslist for $45 it wouldn't have happened.

Thought of building my own out of a wine cooler i found one that holds 160 bottles for free but man that thing has to be huge. Would be a pain to move all the air also lol

Back
Top Bottom