5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

wee.gif

When you post a picture I will try hard not to look. They are too cute for me....
Silkies too? Oh dear..will have to go look into my photos.
big_smile.png

I just had to share this with you all. I had 3 Dorking eggs that never pipped, so when everyone else had hatched I candled. 2 had already died, and 1 was alive. I opened one that was already gone, and saw that blood vessels were absorbed, and feet were right at the aircell no internal pip. I knew the one that was alive was in trouble. Filed a small hole on aircell end and same thing, no internal pip, feet right there. I was so upset because I knew death was imminent. I got on the assist article of Sally's and after reading and re-reading knew if I could find the head there was a chance. So, I eggtopsied the one that had died in the same position, and practiced pulling the head out. I went to the live egg and did the same. There was a little blood(from the membrane), but the head came right out, chick took a big breath, and is breathing steadily now. It will take all night for the yolk to absorb, but the shot the chick has now is better than what was going to happen. Now I PRAY!!
fl.gif
Update tomorrow!
Soooo glad you got to that one in time. I hope it finishes up and does good for you.
fl.gif
I'm in a similar situation too. Of the 5 eggs that hadn't hatched, 1 pipped the membrane and then died before pipping the shell, 3 died without pipping the membrane, and 1 I managed to get to in time (I hope). I have its face cleared so it can breath and it is all wrapped in warm moist paper towel until it decides it is ready to do something. Here's hoping that yours and mine are both strong fighters.
fl.gif
hugs.gif

I have a BABY!!!!
At 8:00 p.m. on the nose, two eggs started zipping. Couldn't tear myself away to update ya'll! At 8:36 p.m., my first fluffy butt made it out! I HAVE A NEW YEAR'S BABY!!
wee.gif

I am seriously freaking out about my humidity...it spiked to 81%, so I opened the bator for a few seconds, it dropped down to 77, and then back up to 79. All plugs are out, what should I do??? I have three others that are pipped, one partially zipped...help!!

Here's pics of the baby (Barred Rock over either Barred Rock or Commercial Black (Hatchery BR cross):

I have a BABY!!!!
At 8:00 p.m. on the nose, two eggs started zipping. Couldn't tear myself away to update ya'll! At 8:36 p.m., my first fluffy butt made it out! I HAVE A NEW YEAR'S BABY!!
wee.gif

I am seriously freaking out about my humidity...it spiked to 81%, so I opened the bator for a few seconds, it dropped down to 77, and then back up to 79. All plugs are out, what should I do??? I have three others that are pipped, one partially zipped...help!!

Here's pics of the baby (Barred Rock over either Barred Rock or Commercial Black (Hatchery BR cross):

Yay! Congrats!
celebrate.gif

Finally I can hear tapping. They were due last night and still nothing so I had to check. 6 made it to lock down. 1 tapping,3 moving, 1 ??? an 1 quitter. I was ready to give up.

Well, it's official. I had a 0% hatch rate. 0 out of the original 16. The one I had left that went into lockdown..I still saw no movement, so when went to raise the humidity, I candled. I know technically you're supposed to leave them in a few days, but I've hatched enough to know the zero movement I saw inside meant death. Sure enough, I opened her up and it died at about day 18. Not surprisingly enough, about the day I switched it into the blasted Brinsea. Oh well. It would have been nice to have New Years chicks, but I'll have more fuzzybutts soon enough. In the meantime, I'll live vicariously through everyone else's chick pics.
smile.png

ETA: @ronott1
How do I go about proving this? Or is word enough? Seems morbid, but the only picture I'd be able to get is of this last dead chick. I doubt anyone wants to see that. Haha..

So sorry. All the waiting, for this.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom