5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

I have a BABY!!!!
At 8:00 p.m. on the nose, two eggs started zipping. Couldn't tear myself away to update ya'll! At 8:36 p.m., my first fluffy butt made it out! I HAVE A NEW YEAR'S BABY!!
wee.gif

I am seriously freaking out about my humidity...it spiked to 81%, so I opened the bator for a few seconds, it dropped down to 77, and then back up to 79. All plugs are out, what should I do??? I have three others that are pipped, one partially zipped...help!!

Here's pics of the baby (Barred Rock over either Barred Rock or Commercial Black (Hatchery BR cross):

jumpy.gif
Awesome...I am so happy for you.

Not sure on reducing the humidity, sorry. Other than maybe removing some sponges or such that is being used. But there is an increase risk of opening your incubator.

Last edited:
Awww, cute baby. Love the wood idea.

Yes, had my hubby make. Cause they would burn their heads on the heat coil when I used egg cartons (when they climbed up on the high areas). And if I just left them lay freely, they would get knocked around by the other chicks.

First time using it. Seems to be working well. The hatched chicks get up on them or lay between the eggs.

Yes, had my hubby make. Cause they would burn their heads on the heat coil when I used egg cartons (when they climbed up on the high areas). And if I just left them lay freely, they would get knocked around by the other chicks.

First time using it. Seems to be working well. The hatched chicks get up on them or lay between the eggs.

Will have to show my DH this. How high are they?

The partridge silkie hatched, and we now have 7 in the brooder, and 2 in the incubator. I have 2 remaining pips, a WLH, and another partridge silkie. I hope to get another 6 to hatch to at least get 50% from the 29 that I started with on the 11th.
We did lock down 21 good and 2 possible, so if these last 2 come through we are at 50%.

I have a BABY!!!!
At 8:00 p.m. on the nose, two eggs started zipping. Couldn't tear myself away to update ya'll! At 8:36 p.m., my first fluffy butt made it out! I HAVE A NEW YEAR'S BABY!!
wee.gif

I am seriously freaking out about my humidity...it spiked to 81%, so I opened the bator for a few seconds, it dropped down to 77, and then back up to 79. All plugs are out, what should I do??? I have three others that are pipped, one partially zipped...help!!

Here's pics of the baby (Barred Rock over either Barred Rock or Commercial Black (Hatchery BR cross):

Just leave it alone it will drop down on its own. Mine was up to 83 today and rode 70's all day with all the hatches they will be fine with vent plugs out it will let enough air in to keep them alive. Mine is finaly down to 69% and that's after opening it many times to get all the chicks out except my Oe's.

Back
Top Bottom