5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

and here are my girls on thier compost lol

Got some updated pics of my gender-confusing chicks. If I base what they look like on my last two batches of chicks (from last spring), I have 2 roos and 3 pullets. What do ya'll think??? Chick 1: Pullet? Chick 2 (pullet?): Chick 3 (definite cockerel...red wattles, huge comb, bold barring): Chick 4 (definite pullet): Chick 5 (definite cockerel...bold barring, red wattles, big comb):
From my limited experience I agree with you!

Got some updated pics of my gender-confusing chicks. If I base what they look like on my last two batches of chicks (from last spring), I have 2 roos and 3 pullets. What do ya'll think???

Chick 1: Pullet?

Chick 2 (pullet?):

Chick 3 (definite cockerel...red wattles, huge comb, bold barring):

Chick 4 (definite pullet):

Chick 5 (definite cockerel...bold barring, red wattles, big comb):

yippiechickie.gif
Nice looking!

I think you have picked them correctly for Gender

and here are my girls on thier compost lol
It is great that you put them to work turning compost!

ep.gif

Last edited:
So I need you all's opinions....

im looking into buying chickens.....a Sicilian Buttercup and 2 Red Laced Wyandottes.....bot GORGEOUS birds! I love them!

she was asking 40 for the SB and 35 for the rd. laced....if I got 2 birds I could pay 60, if I got all 3, 80. is this a reasonable price?

thanks guys!!!!

I have never bought full grown chickens....especially at this price.....that's why I was asking
big_smile.png

Last edited:
My NYD Babies are getting to be so big! They are already 4 weeks old. One of the looks very different from the others. They are not supposed to be sexlinked or auto sexing but I wonder.

Back
Top Bottom