5th chick dying in my hands right now - help!

My horse recently passed of an unknown and highly ferocious illness. I am currently awaiting the necropsy results. The loss of a beloved pet is incredibly hard to cope with and my heart goes out to you.
hugs.gif

There a product talked about on Aussie forum gets raving reviews natrakelp its a horse tonic made from Tasmanian bull kelp works with poultry too aids recovery just found it myself ordering some for medicine chest.

There a product talked about on Aussie forum gets raving reviews natrakelp its a horse tonic made from Tasmanian bull kelp works with poultry too aids recovery just found it myself ordering some for medicine chest.
Hm, have to look into that. Nobody died today although one month old chick got trapped outside the run fence when flash flood hit and almost died of hypothermia. But I found it in time and put it in an incubator to warm and it seems to be recovering. I see on USPS.com that my package made it to the necropsy lab today. Hopefully will have results soon. :fl

Now you are flooding! What a rough trot you're having. you need a big hug and and change of luck. talk about unfair. I lost one of them Millie babies today not sure what happened had it isolated since it two weeks old woke up one morning it had wry neck that came good it started stumbling round then walking backwards no paralysis no loss of appetite it started coming good then went downhill wry neck back in opposite direction it up n down for couple weeks it didn't look good yesterday i was going to do what had to be done today after kids gone to school but it didnt make through the night. hope your little one dries out and comes good quick. Take care

Now you are flooding! What a rough trot you're having. you need a big hug and and change of luck. talk about unfair. I lost one of them Millie babies today not sure what happened had it isolated since it two weeks old woke up one morning it had wry neck that came good it started stumbling round then walking backwards no paralysis no loss of appetite it started coming good then went downhill wry neck back in opposite direction it up n down for couple weeks it didn't look good yesterday i was going to do what had to be done today after kids gone to school but it didnt make through the night. hope your little one dries out and comes good quick. Take care
Oh no, poor baby. DId you try vitamins - I had heard that sometimes that helps?? The chick that got cold and wet died last night :( And this morning I had to put a hatchling down that appeared to have hatched prematurely and didn't have a properly developed respiratory system. It was weak and gasping and then the back of its head started to swell like a balloon. It was the first to hatch of 13 and I have a curse on me for first hatchers... But no one new has died from the chicken "plague", so at least that is something.

I confirmed the lab has the birds and they arrived in good condition. So now just to wait and see what they find........

I have been reading this whole thread and its sad and depressing but I cant stop reading!! I am sooooo sorry to hear this happening to anyone. I could not imagine. Where did the very first sick bird come from? Where they vaccinated when they were born? Sorry you are going through this horrible ordeal.

So sad bout your chilled chick saw a drown chick thread just couple of days ago it miraculously survived hoped yours would be ok too.I blaming myself for the millie I may have compromised it someone came here with box of silkie chicks I handled them and I didn't wash my hands before I picked it up to show him the weird colour out of the porcelain pen. Long story short 6 those 10 silkies are dead too he said they got wet i did have a thought it was tramitted and got stuck into him but he just started talking and I so angry I couldn't listen to it.Yes i tried vitamins n wheatgrass juice our feeds are good here but It might have been low in that batch I thought maybe it D so put the tub brooder open in the sun ended up tried a rickets diet too hoping it was something else. I have the comprised brooder group seperated have since Millie got sick. I burnt the brooder they were in and burn the ground when I move the pen.

Back
Top Bottom