5week silkies outside overnight ?

I just put my 3 week old chicks outside here in eastern NC. They LOVE the coop. I have a heat lamp in there for cold nights...but they should be fine. Theyve feathered pretty quickly and weretrying to fly out of the 125 gallon water tank I had them in. Today was fun with thrm chasing each other around the coop and stretching their wings quite a bit. My only concern is critterstrying to get to them, but Ive put bricks around the coop to discourage digging and I sleep with my windows open and shotgun at the ready.

We're almost at 7weeks now.. and I'm playing pick the roo in my head!!

Brown ones I think are ladies.. 2 white ones I'm not sure of. The one facing with two brown heading away - always upright and sussing me out when others flee!
Probably a bit early still, but your guesses seem right to me at this stage. If you want some expert opinions, I recommend posting each bird individually, full body side view like my avatar photo, head on close up of the face showing any comb and close up of head in profile. Honestly, though, best to wait until they are about 12 weeks old. Post under the thread "what breed or gender is this?" to get the most feedback! :)

update on the babies... 12weeks now...

Busted 'Sheila' crowing this morning!! shes the naked leg white one. Crooked beak white Gucci looked like he/she was trying to respond.. neck up high and fluffed out..3rd white one Spyro showing streamers? 😢

Attachments

• PXL_20201210_201313353.MP.jpg
    PXL_20201210_201313353.MP.jpg
    532.1 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom