6-8 weeks olds (im a horrible mom, i forgot their birthday) video

xanaxnation

Songster
11 Years
Apr 8, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTO9KgHoFqg

my
girls, out in the "wild". they have a caged 12 x 12 x 3 run with an attached dog house for the coop. they had their first shower last night when it sprinkled
smile.png

They are awesome! What kinds are they?

I have a quick question....we are using an old doghouse/run for our ducks and chickens. We've got the run pretty well done, but I am not sure how to tackle the doghouse. How did you fix it up for the chickens? Mine are still only 3 weeks old, so I still have a couple of weeks to get it ready for them.

Thanks!

****Edit**** Just saw your other post. Our dog house is actually quite large and was custom built for the previous owners dogs, who were also quite large. I was assuming you had a similar situation.

Last edited:
1 each: buff polish, blue polish (turned out more of a silver/white), white cochin, brahma, silver laced wyandotte and a german sprek-something-or-other

i actually bought the dog house specifically for the girls i had a few years ago, but i only had 3 at the time so it was perfect. im seriously considering just attaching another dog house, maybe something off craigs list..id be comfortable putting a large lab in it, but nothing bigger then that - if it were actually used for a dog lol i have a pug that wouldnt dream of defiling herself by going outside!

The old owner's dogs lived outside 24/7, so we got 2x600 sq/ft dog runs with 2 huge doghouses and electrified fencing when we bought the house. My 13yo old lab/bull terrier mix would never even consider staying outside either....in fact, he has to come in the car with us even if it's a quick jaunt into town. Anyway, the dog houses with their porches are each 8'wide x 8'deep x 5'high and we have 4 chicks. We have 4 ducklings as well, but they are getting their own house. Guess I'll post in the coops section for some ideas on how to organize the house for chickens. I have 2 RIRs, a gold laced Wyandotte and a Delaware. Would love more chicks, but I want to make sure we are successful with these first....never done this before.

Enjoy your girls!

***edited for doghouse dimensions***

Last edited:
I know you listed your chicks... but... the black and white speckeled one (more black than white) with white wing tips and white tip tail.. what is that? I have 2 of these and am having heck of time figuring it out. I am new to chickens and bought three from a guy who had no clue, he ordered a random lot from a hatchery.

Please help!

Back
Top Bottom