6 and 5 weeks!

KelsiNS

Songster
6 Years
Jun 24, 2013
Buna, TX
Hershey Bar, my EE roo. He is 6 weeks, how long did it take yours to feather?
Merle, barred rock (?) Roo. Again...how long to feather? 6 weeks here
6 weeks-Boot. What breed is this handsome guy?
Lemon Drop. Breed? Sex? 5 weeks
Ghiradelli, 5 weeks, EE. Sex?
Chernobyl, 5 weeks, EE. Sex?

Hershey Bar, my EE roo. He is 6 weeks, how long did it take yours to feather?
EEs are mixes so it depends on the individual cross, but most of mine have been average.

Merle, barred rock (?) Roo. Again...how long to feather? 6 weeks here
The hatchery Barred Rocks I have had have been pretty slow feathering usually. He is barred, is it just the picture or are his feet really that black, mine have been a lot yellower, not convinced it is a he either, or a barred rock. Can't see the comb right either. Do you have more pictures of him?

6 weeks-Boot. What breed is this handsome guy?
Cute little guy, yellow legs so would guess some sort of hatchery production red, could be a hatchery RIR.
Lemon Drop. Breed? Sex? 5 weeks
Does Lemon Drop have yellow legs? Looks like a white leghorn, gender it is at an iffy age but this second I am guessing pullet as I would expect more comb on a 5-6 week old WL boy, but that may change in the next few weeks.
Ghiradelli, 5 weeks, EE. Sex?
I agree with EE and think girl right now.
Chernobyl, 5 weeks, EE. Sex?

Like the name, EE/ actually looks like a wyandotte mix with the color, need a better pic of the comb but guess girl right now from what I can see of the comb.

Merle
Chernobyl

Yep, Merley-bird is that darklegged. I say he because every single other barred bird looks like this from the same hatch day, and he feathered like the "only" (i ordered 1 EE in the 6week olds and paid for a roo) boy.
See? Betty (and 10 others) are fully feathered...Merle just....isnt.

OK, Merle looks like a BR roo in that last picture, the way his legs looked green/black in the one was just weird, the BR roos are often really slow feathering and as thick as his legs look and general posture, I'd bet you're right and that is your roo.
Chernobyl actually looks like a Silver Laced Wyandotte in the second picture, that doesn't look like a pea comb so probably not an EE, gender is borderline, I don't like to see that much comb at that age so am changing my vote to possible boy.

Back
Top Bottom