6+ Blue Slate Turkey Hatching Eggs - Presale

Omniskies

Songster
11 Years
Mar 7, 2008
Missouri
None of the girls are laying reliably right now, so this is a reserve auction to ensure that you get eggs to hatch bright and early during the 2011 season. Please keep that in mind.

These are out of large, heavy birds, in a flock with multiple toms and hens out of different bloodlines. There is a Self Blue/Lavender hen in this flock. Since Blue is an incomplete gene in poultry, from the current birds in this flock you can expect an average of 50% Blue Slate, 31% Self-Blue/Lavender, and 19% Black. These will be reliably available at the end of March or early April.

I need to get pictures of the toms - none of which will do them justice. I kept back the darkest blue toms possible in order to ensure a nice, bold, vivid color that really stands out in the yard. There is nothing washed out or faded about these birds, and the hens compliment them nicely.

Blue Slate hatching eggs are $5 apiece, $25 per half dozen, or $45 for a dozen. Shipping is a flat $15 for up to a dozen eggs.

If you have any other questions about them then please let me know.

I would be tentatively interested in doing an egg trade for the following hatching eggs (no hatchery stock, please):

Silver Grey Dorkings
Barnevelders
Blue/Wheaten Ameraucanas
Norwegian Jaerhons
Rose Comb Brown Leghorns
Delawares (must be large heritage stock)

Midget White Turkey
Crimson Dawn/Black Wing Bronze Turkey

Blue/Black/Splash Indian Runners (must have the upright "beanpole" build)
Welsh Harlequins (SQ or from SQ/Holderread lines)
Black East Indies
Buffs
Saxonies

Pilgrims
American Buffs

Back
Top Bottom