Scrumdidlyump

Songster
Apr 25, 2021
I have
2 blue swedish, 1 definitely boy
2 buff orpington, 1 definitely boy
2 rouen, definitely 1 boy, 1 girl
1 mystery choclate runner
All three months, all have grown up together. Everyone gets along swimmingly.

Only one quacks.

I feel the ponderous cloud of puberty is right around the corner.
I got the ducks because well, ducks. I also wanted eggs. And my son wanted duck for Christmas, but now I think he is not so keen because they have names. Im still ok with doing that, or selling a few.
How long until I am SURE about the 3 mysteries?
And should I get rid of 4 boys? And get more girls?
I picked up 2 khaki campbell mutts (about 2 mos old) cheap over the weekend and have them quarantined. The guy said the were both girls (he also said 4 months, but they dont even have their real feathers all the way in)but now that I have them home one started quacking and the other isnt 😂 theyre pretty though...
Maybe I should just have a girls side and a boys side.

It's so hard finding homes for drakes. If your ratio is truly only 1 girl, it would be easier to find her a home. Or the other solution is that the drakes make it to the dinner table.
I'm currently out of ratio and no one will take my drakes even for free. 😒 The only thing that helps my current situation is lots of space to roam and get away.

I have
2 blue swedish, 1 definitely boy
2 buff orpington, 1 definitely boy
2 rouen, definitely 1 boy, 1 girl
1 mystery choclate runner
All three months, all have grown up together. Everyone gets along swimmingly.

Only one quacks.

I feel the ponderous cloud of puberty is right around the corner.
I got the ducks because well, ducks. I also wanted eggs. And my son wanted duck for Christmas, but now I think he is not so keen because they have names. Im still ok with doing that, or selling a few.
How long until I am SURE about the 3 mysteries?
And should I get rid of 4 boys? And get more girls?
I picked up 2 khaki campbell mutts (about 2 mos old) cheap over the weekend and have them quarantined. The guy said the were both girls (he also said 4 months, but they dont even have their real feathers all the way in)but now that I have them home one started quacking and the other isnt 😂 theyre pretty though...
Maybe I should just have a girls side and a boys side.
I would get rid of the female and have a bachelor flock

Back
Top Bottom