~~6+ "fun mix" eggs~~3 different sets~$10 Shipping only

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
I have 3 different sets of "fun mixes" if anyone is interested. The first set are bantam cochin eggs. These could be from some pure black mottled pullets or from 1 of 2 bantam cochin X silkie hens. The roos they are with are 2 black mottled bantam cochins, a black silkie X cochin, and a white silkie X cochin. There is also a black OEGB in the yard (but he's a loner) and a LF rosecombed something or other rooster.
Here is one of the silkie X cochin hens
salebirds010.jpg

And another (white hen in back)
salebirds011.jpg

Possible roos:
salebirds009.jpg

salebirds012.jpg

salebirds002-1.jpg

DSC00335.jpg

Additionally there are 2 black mottled girls and 2 black mottled boys but I don't have any 'good' pictures of them all grown up
smile.png

Set #2 of 6+ "fun mixes" are mostly OEGB or OEGB mixed.
Some of the OEGB in the yard:
DSC00757.jpg

salebirds001-1.jpg

(D'uccles X OEGB)
DSC00754.jpg

salebirds003-1.jpg

salebirds004.jpg
DSC00763.jpg

DSC00077.jpg

Set #3 of "fun mixes" are from my EE hens. I do not have an EE Roo, but most of the chicks should carry the blue egg gene. All 3 hens currently free range and there are bantam and LF roos in the yard. So it's really hard to say what you will get with these, but they will surely be cute!
love.gif

EE hens:
This is mom to the other 2 girls. She is LF and lays a light blue egg.
Bambi009-1.jpg

This is Fluff-fluffs, my son's EE hen. She is the daughter to the hen in the first picture but is about half her size. So apparently she had a bantam-ish daddy. But she is a real sweetheart and lays a light blue egg just like her mama
smile.png
(albeit smaller)
DSC00337.jpg

This girl doesn't have a name but she is LF just like her mama. She has blue in her tail and lays a green (light-olive) egg.
DSC00578.jpg

Any of these eggs are available for $10 only which includes cost of shipping, materials, and paypal fees. If you want more than one of these sets I can combine them...it shouldn't be much more if any.

I get 3-4 eggs daily from the cochin/cochin mixes, 2-3 eggs daily from the EE hens, and several OEGB eggs daily. My OEGB are primarily blue, black, and splash but there are some oddballs (wheaten-ish & birchen-ish) out there too. These are not SQ OEGB, they are way too big, about 1/3 as big as a LF chicken. But they will make interesting-looking birds for sure
big_smile.png

Please send me a PM if you are interested as I'm a bit low on listings available and would like to keep this open as long as possible. Thanks
smile.png

Last edited:
The cochin/cochin mix eggs are no longer available. I sold 1 hen today and the other 3 decided to go broody on me
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom