6 Live New Babies Hatched!SO FAR~~~ (¯`·._)PICS(¯`·._)~~~

Mstmae

In the Brooder
11 Years
Sep 19, 2008
Bend, Oregon
Well today and yesterday I waited in anticipation, but didn't move the Mama, or make her get testy, I just left her alone. (Like you all have suggested to everyone) and she did it! There are at least 6 beautiful new baby chickies under her!! Here are a few pics for the photo addicts like ME :)

I wonder how many more will hatch, and what kind of hen she is, if anyone knows, it was hard to see in the other photo I posted, no one was able to tell me.......it was of her twin...she has a twin, that also set already for us. Had 17 eggs also, and we own 2 of those chicks today, healthy!

Wooooooo Hoooo I love chickens!!!

P1120213.jpg

P1120214.jpg

P1120215.jpg

P1120217.jpg

P1120218.jpg

P1120219.jpg

P1120220.jpg

well it looks like to me that she is a dark cornish. but i could be wrong, just a little guess to help u out maybe. cute chicks by the way they do look like baby squirrles. congrats so cute!!!!!!!!!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Thank you thank you thank you....**tears in eyes**......you would have thought I had them myself.

It does ring true that if you just leave them alone, and let Mama do her job, she does! We had one squashed one (RIP little man)
sad.png
But the others are SO TINY and so cute and running around crazy. He he, yes, I am crazy.
big_smile.png

Yes, I had an inclination that she may be a dark cornish, my son found some photos online, and announced that he thought her and her sister "Jackie" were cornishes. YAY! Do those usually brood easily/quickly, because both of the ones that we have, have actualy hidden themselves away with 17 eggs, and are more interested in being Mommies than day to day chicken life.

Hurray for Crazy Chicken Life~

Quote:
She only pecked a little when I got the one dead one out........I should have known it was going to be a great day, I went to donate blood this morning, and an OLDER gentleman was there volunteering, he was singing VERY LOOOOOUD~"OH THE BLOOD OF JESUS..............THAT MAKES US WHITE AS SNOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW" I laughed so hard, then he came over to sit by me and hold my hand for 5 minutes........sweetest old guy, Bob, a true man of the Lord!!!

Be Blessed ya'll

Back
Top Bottom