6 plus Icelandic hatching eggs

Farmerboy16

Rebuilding my Farm
9 Years
Dec 30, 2010
Sparta, MI
I have 6 Icelandic eggs for sale. Fertility are very good, the pullets have been laying for a month now. They are a very rare Landrace type of chickens. The Vikings brought some type of chickens with them to Iceland, and formed their own breed with no outside blood in a time of 1000 years. They hatch out in any color, and some will be crested, some will be single comb or rose comb. They can be broody, and take good care of their young. Lays small white eggs, and are good layers. Most of my birds are from The Sheriff's line. For more info on Icelandics, go here- https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=299038
chickens3062.jpg

chickens3020.jpg

He won the most colorful rooster contest.
chickens3081.jpg

He carries a feather legged gene
chickens3083.jpg

The bantie hen on the right is not laying, and is not part of the Icelandic breeding program.
chickens2035.jpg

chickens2024.jpg

I had hatched 2 chicks last week from the first eggs laid, and got one solid black, and one chipmunk chick.

This is an Auction Formated Listing - Please do not PM to bid! - Place your bid in a reply.
Bidding will start at: $20.00
Additional bids will be in increasing $0.05 increments

Shipping will be via <USPS> at a cost of <15.00>
Auction ends at <8 AM> <EST TIME ZONE> on <1-16-12>
Please place your bid as a reply to this classified (do not PM to bid!).
Subscribe to this classified auction using the immediate notification setting when you bid so that you can stay informed!

This is a PayPal only auction - please do not bid unless you are able to pay via PayPal. Eggs will be shipped out the next day, using USPS Priority Mail, with Delivery Confirmation. I will ship extra if available. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Daron,

Your birds are just beautiful!!!

Remember folks, this is a rare land race fowl that must be kept pure!

That is ok, Paula. I am still learning about this new format. lol Can't figure out how to put a picture in the Chicken Hatching Eggs page.
barnie.gif

Thanks Mahonri. Yes, this breed MUST be kept pure!!!

Let me know when and if you would be interested in selling more icelandic chicken eggs! I have totally fallen in love with this breed and would love to raise them and help to repopulate the breed. Thank you! Debi

Back
Top Bottom