6 Rescued chickens- what are they?

meriruka

Songster
12 Years
Oct 18, 2007
I'm hoping someone can help me identify these 6 chickens. The renters down the road abandoned them when they moved and the owner of the property gave them to me. They were being kept in a tiny coop, never allowed out, with no water and were being fed squirrel food.
Here's the first three:
4477_p1010220a.jpg

The one on the left, I think is some kind of Modern Game (m or f?) the one on the right, I'm guessing is a RIR or Red Star. The middle one, no idea.
Next two:
4477_p1010221a.jpg

And finally, the big blue & brown roo....
4477_p1010213a.jpg

Whaddaya think?

not sure on the breeds; have some guesses but I'm sure there are others on here who can be much more helpful. Just wanted to say as long as they're healthy, I think you were blessed! They're very pretty and look nice & spry!
smile.png

Okay these are just my guesses cause I like these guessing games...
1st pic... could be male production red left?, game can't think of the color right off hand middle, production red right.
2nd pic... dunno both
3rd pic... Big blue roo is a blue giant cochin, and the brown one may be a game too...Not really familiar with the games.

ETA: Yeah, I stand corrected Male and female Golden Comet.

Last edited:
that horse size roo in the bush on last pic looks like a cochin, is his legs feathered? dont know what breed
the 2 girls in the first pic, on the left look like bantams hard telling what kind,, i dont see many bantams., with them looks like a isa brown, or comet, or close to it lol
the second pic,, the 1 in the back looks like an EE, , cant really see the 1 in the front,,maybe another comet.

thems my guesses lol
wink.png

Hmmm...just occured to me that my golden comets are red because they are pullets. Your white guy might be a golden comet roo....
I am not great at this ID stuff since I only have experience with 3 breeds and only pullets. lol

Quote:
Yes, the roo's feet are feathered. He is just ridiculously big, isn't he? I'll try to get a better pic of the two in the pen. They are pretty shy......

The red pyle looks like it could be OEG. The pullet in the middle looks like a silver duckwing OEG and the red is a red sexlink. I am guessing on the first two, but maybe someone who knows OEGs better can advise.

The big blue one looks like a blue cochin cross.

Jody

Back
Top Bottom