6 Speckled Sussex/Silver Laced Cohin Bantam Hybrid Cross Hatching Eggs

ohhhh... heh heh! I see what you mean now, sorry about that!
1f605.png
@junebuggena

Last edited:
So, the parents that were bred to make this breed were originally a silver laced cochin bantam hen and a speckled sussex rooster. Also, since the resulting hen which I now have (in the pictures) is red, then my prediction is that the chicks coming from these eggs will also be red-sexed links.

And yes, the chickens in the pictures are what I'm breeding now.
The sexlinking does not carry on to second generation birds. Red hens will not produce chicks that are sexable by color.
It worked in the first generation because the hen was silver. A silver hen can only pass that silver color to her male chicks. A silver rooster, however, can pass that silver color to both his male and female offspring; and furthermore, that silver base color is dominant over red-based coloring.

The sexlinking does not carry on to second generation birds. Red hens will not produce chicks that are sexable by color.
It worked in the first generation because the hen was silver. A silver hen can only pass that silver color to her male chicks. A silver rooster, however, can pass that silver color to both his male and female offspring; and furthermore, that silver base color is dominant over red-based coloring. 

ohhhhhh thank you! i actually never knew this
1f602.png
this helped me so much!!
1f603.png

OP, you can edit or close your ad if you wish.

Everyone else, your point is made so you can move along since making a purchase here is not of interest to you. All off topic and inflammatory posts have been removed with no warnings. Future posts along the same lines will not be so lucky.
wink.png

Last edited:
OP, you can edit or close your ad if you wish.

Everyone else, your point is made so you can move along since making a purchase here is not of interest to you. All off topic and inflammatory posts have been removed with no warnings. Future posts along the same lines will not be so lucky.
wink.png
Thank you so much!!!

I realize I'm really late to jump in here, and the second person to ask this, but so you still have eggs available? And is it 15$ shipped? If you have any still available, I'd be very interested in purchasing- I just want to hatch out a few cute, cheap chicks as my first time hatching with an incubator. If you're no longer selling these, then ignore this
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom