6 Speckled Sussex/Silver Laced Cohin Bantam Hybrid Cross Hatching Eggs

ChickClick101

In the Brooder
Jul 23, 2015
Pennsylvania
These are 6 fertile hatching eggs from a cross-breed chicken, which first came from the 2 original breeds: speckled sussex and silver laced cochin bantam. This cross-breed makes a beautiful, docile bird that's also a great pet for kids. They are very curious, small, and thrive in hot or cold climates. In overall, these are very pretty birds with a great personality. It is however unknown how the chicks would actually look like because this is a mixed-breed. *Note: these are not show quality chickens, sadly neither NPIP.

The eggs are tiny and light pink. It is certain that all are fertile, but it is not completely guarenteed that all of the eggs will hatch, so just be patient while your incubating! All of the eggs will be fully bubble-rapped, each individually, as will inside of the box that they will be shipped in, to extremely decrease the risk that they will crack or break during the shipping and handling process. These ship from PA, United States. PayPal and any other forms of payment are accepted. (Note: No returns are accepted!!) Happy hatching! :)

Last edited:
I doubt that they will be sex linked. The hen needs to be silver based, not the rooster.

Are the chickens pictured your breeding stock?
So, the parents that were bred to make this breed were originally a silver laced cochin bantam hen and a speckled sussex rooster. Also, since the resulting hen which I now have (in the pictures) is red, then my prediction is that the chicks coming from these eggs will also be red-sexed links.

And yes, the chickens in the pictures are what I'm breeding now.

Last edited:
Mixed breed birds are not show quality, and all the pictured hens and roosters are mixed.
Chicks will not be sexlinked, due to the fact that it's the hen that needs to be silver for sexlinking to occur.

Pretty crossbreds (not a crossed variety by each Breed's variety rules). They are not a BREED. They are, yes, "mutts", maybe very pretty and privately useful, but no value as a BREED. Enjoy them, eat those eggs, but do not dupe folks that are not knowledgeable by calling them rare and valuable. And they may not even be "rare", but could be found in many other backyard chicken yards that picked up several breeds of Hatchery chicks at feed stores each Spring. For sale?---, just for enjoyment-- for eggs/meat, and for attractive backyard chickens. ENJOY.

Back
Top Bottom