6 Week Old BA Stumbling around

I was able to check her feet and legs really good (thanks to a towel) and was not able to see anything that was injured, legs seamed to move and bend fine and she seamed happy laying on her back, she started to nap and her breathing seamed to get labored.

Also was able to look her over a body and the only weird spot is on the same leg that is limping not sure if it weird or not though looks different
20170525_170218.jpg
then the other side.

This is on the side that seams to be bothering her.

Not sure about the lump but.....
His stumbling could be a vitamin k deficiency.

I am no expert but do know my neighbor has a stumbler just like how yours is stumbling and vitamin k is working on hers.

Is there an extra toe like someone else mentioned? I did see something odd on that foot in the video.

Not sure about the lump but.....
Not really a lump but more of a bald spot that looked all wet
His stumbling could be a vitamin k deficiency.

I am no expert but do know my neighbor has a stumbler just like how yours is stumbling and vitamin k is working on hers.
The sav-a-chick has vitamin k so hopfully

Is there an extra toe like someone else mentioned? I did see something odd on that foot in the video.

Nope no extra toe.

If the feed was medicated, it would say so.... either the word "medicated" or ACS (Anti Coccidio Stat) would appear on the packaging. I'm in the UK so not familiar with that brand, but they would have to label it as medicated if it was, so there is no harm in continuing with that feed for a few more weeks since it doesn't appear to be.

Is that bald patch on the thigh and does the skin feel rough or is there any swelling compared to the other leg? Could it have got it's leg caught somewhere and stripped off the feathers and scuffed the skin trying to get free. That would account for it being bald and perhaps weeping?

If the feed was medicated, it would say so.... either the word "medicated" or ACS (Anti Coccidio Stat) would appear on the packaging. I'm in the UK so not familiar with that brand, but they would have to label it as medicated if it was, so there is no harm in continuing with that feed for a few more weeks since it doesn't appear to be.

Is that bald patch on the thigh and does the skin feel rough or is there any swelling compared to the other leg? Could it have got it's leg caught somewhere and stripped off the feathers and scuffed the skin trying to get free. That would account for it being bald and perhaps weeping?
No it felt about the same as the other just less feather, this is the leg it keeps falling on so maybe thats why its getting bald.

She is finally laying down in the cage, she wants to be with the other so bad :(

Is there room in the cage to put another low ranking chick to keep it company (I'm pretty sure with a comb that large and pink so young, that it is male). Stress is not good particularly if it is Marek's disease and if that's the case the other chickens will almost certainly have already been exposed. I always try to ensure my Marek's birds have a buddy or are supported within the flock to keep their spirits up.

Back
Top Bottom