6 week old bantams......pullets or cockerals??

Ally79

In the Brooder
Dec 18, 2016
I have 5 six week old chicks that I was told were bantams. Can anyone tell me what type of bantams they are and what sex they might be?? These are my first chickens so I am very new to all of this!!
'Penny'

'Speckle'

'Goldeen'

'Chickaletta'

'Lunar'

'Chickaletta and Lunar'

welcome-byc.gif

Penny - Cochin/Easter Egger mix, to young to say for sure but leaning towards cockerel
Speckle- Silkie mix, to young to say for gender
Goldeen - Does it have feathered legs? If it does a Cochin mix, also to young to say for sure but leaning towards pullet
Chickaletta and Lunar - look like Cochin mixes, not sure on gender

In another 2 weeks or so you can post pictures of them to try and confirm their gender.

(Love the names you gave them!)

Yes Goldeen does have feathered legs, and is so far the only one I think is a pullet!!
The kids named them, they are such friendly little chicks!
Thank you for your reply
1f60a.png

I'm really hoping Speckle is all girl.....she/he has the loveliest temperament and seems to be bottom of the pecking order!!

Yes all siblings as far as I know. I am hoping that some are pullets!!

If they are 6 weeks and pure bantams "no large fowl blood in them" they all look like pullets to me as of now. Bantams can make quick changes in development however. But as of now I don't see any that are showing definite cockerel signs. Pics in a couple more weeks may be a good idea.

I was out with them today and really couldn't see any definite roo qualities, fingers crossed they all stay that way!! Will definitely post updated photos in couple of weeks!!

Back
Top Bottom