6 Week Old Barred Rock Gender......

BANTAMWYANDOTTE

Songster
8 Years
Mar 2, 2011
Kentucky
Sorry the uploads and this old post's content have been removed to make room in my uploads page (wouldn't make since without pictures huh?) Thank you for all the replies!

Last edited:
If you were to put all your BR together in a sleeping formation, the only dark one is the #7, right? Roos are lighter grey and brighter white bars. Typical hatchery stock, that is.

Note my roo and pullet side by side. Makes it quite obvious when they are together.

69833_dscf3153.jpg

Yeah, it's hard to get the lighting in photos. I'm not a great photographer and do not presently have a great camera.
I can't see in each of your photos the wattles clearly, but in some, the wattles are clearly shown. The black down the front of leg is not always a pullet mark, I know the little roo in my photo there, you guessed it, has black down the front of his legs.

Sometimes, males will have some dark wash down the leg fronts, but not usually as much as the pullets. I can tell you that if you had BRs from old breeder lines like I have in my coop right now, the sexing rules don't apply that well, making the identification much harder till they are older. This bunch of mine is pretty confusing. Never had any problems with the other BRs I've raised over the years, though my BR rooster, Zane, was originally named Zoe, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom