6 week old EE pullet or roo?

When I say saddles, when it comes to males, I'm talking about pointy feathers on the rump of the males.
that is what I figured you meant. :) I still don't see pointy ones but I will take your word for it since I am very un-experienced when it comes to that. :) so they may be there and I am missing them. Sure in a week or two I will notice them.

that is what I figured you meant. :) I still don't see pointy ones but I will take your word for it since I am very un-experienced when it comes to that. :) so they may be there and I am missing them. Sure in a week or two I will notice them.
It's alright. Another possibility is that he's a late bloomer.

Just an update for anyone searching this type of thing (like I did but didn't find updates. LOL). It is confirmed cockerel. I caught him crowing today. I still don't see any saddle feathers coming in yet, Hackle feathers are still pretty rounded but slightly pointy. he has maybe 2 tail feathers that are pointed. and he is 11.5 weeks.

Just an update for anyone searching this type of thing (like I did but didn't find updates. LOL). It is confirmed cockerel. I caught him crowing today. I still don't see any saddle feathers coming in yet, Hackle feathers are still pretty rounded but slightly pointy. he has maybe 2 tail feathers that are pointed. and he is 11.5 weeks.
Are you going to rehome him?

Are you going to rehome him?
yes I am going to have to rehome him. :( He is so pretty too! But when we started out my husband said no roosters and I agreed. Then the sweetest one and the chick he picked to name turned out to be a cockerel so he said we would "try" and see how loud he was, and I said we would try and see how he treated the ladies once they all got older. hahaaa. So we had already decided to keep him so I can't keep a 2nd one. :(

Back
Top Bottom