6 weeks old...mystery chicks

jscott511

Hatching
7 Years
Jun 1, 2012
I've posted pics of these guys before. Now that they're a little older, thought I'd try again. I'm almost positive Dip is a roo. Not quite sure about Chip yet. They're the same age, but Dip is quite a bit bigger. Also, Chip is really fluffy...what's with that??? Also, when do you think I should put them out in the coop with my 3 hens? They seem so small yet...Thanks everyone!

Chip

Chip's Comb

Dip

Dip's Comb

Chip is a hatchery partridge silkie cockerel. Dip is a hatchery RIR cockerel.

Stephanie, the gene for silkie feathering is recessive to smooth feathering so his parents must have been either silkieXsilkie, silkieXsmooth split to silkie or silkie splitX silkie split. Most likely is silkieXsilkie since he is a hatchery bird (I assume anyway?)

Chip is a hatchery partridge silkie cockerel. Dip is a hatchery RIR cockerel.

Stephanie, the gene for silkie feathering is recessive to smooth feathering so his parents must have been either silkieXsilkie, silkieXsmooth split to silkie or silkie splitX silkie split. Most likely is silkieXsilkie since he is a hatchery bird (I assume anyway?)
i admit that chip has some major flaws even for a hatchery bird: wrong leg color, 4 toes instead of 5, no crest, of course no black skin (lol), cant see comb but probably wrong as well...im thinking he has split parents

Both came from my son's second grade class. Teacher got the eggs from a local farmer, so I know they're farm mutts. lol
Thanks for the replies. :)

Back
Top Bottom