6 wings from every chicken

So, what they're really doing is cutting the scapula portion of the upper back, and pretending it's a wing. I think they also use breast portions as "boneless wings", as well.

I love wings, (real wings, not so much the pretend wings) they're my favorite part. I cringe when I read somebody advising to cut off the wings and throw them away, because "they aren't worth bothering with".

I don't throw away any edible portions, myself. If it's not a part my DH and I like, (neither of us care for the livers) then it gets fed to cats or dogs.

I'm with you Dancingbear I like the real wings, not the breast meat some places pass off as wings. Just like fat in a piece of meat the bone also adds a lot of flavor.
I like the part about Russia stopping the importing of dark meat from the US, maybe the package of legs I always buy will go down in price. Personally I prefer the dark meat and I love to buy the package of all legs at the store an BBQ them.

Leg quarters sell cheap around here, it's not unusual to find them for anywhere from .49 to .79 per lb. My DH and I just use whole chickens, his favorite part is the thigh, mine's the wing, but we eat the whole thing. Any piece of chicken's better than no chicken!

A little over a year ago, when I was driving on a long trip, I stopped at a KFC and ordered some wings. It looked like a decent price per wing, so I ordered 4 wings. I hadn't been to a KFC in a long time I didn't know that "wings" no longer actually meant a whole wing. It meant a wing piece, either drumette or 'flat', no tips at all of course. (I like to nibble on the wing tips, when I'm done with the rest) So I went inside and complained, and asked them to take the 4 little partial wings back and ordered 4 whole wings, which were not such a decent price. They looked at me like I was nuts. I asked if they sold half drumsticks as well.

The whole idea of taking 2 wings, cutting them in half, and calling it 4 wings, just irritates me, then to cut a piece of the back, and lie, and say it's a wing...who the heck do they think they're fooling? That scapular bone doesn't even look like anything from a wing.

then to cut a piece of the back, and lie, and say it's a wing...who the heck do they think they're fooling? That scapular bone doesn't even look like anything from a wing.

Elaborate a little for me... They actually use a piece of the back and pass it off as a wing?

Most chicken places sell their wings as the whole wing. The only places that really do what your saying, besides KFC, are wing places that sell flavored wings. But they are normally like $.25 -$.40 / wing part.

There is pub down the road (the only place I really eat chicken out) that has $0.25 cent wings on Cavs night. Since it's Lebron James home town... I watch a lot of Cavs games... and as a result... I eat a lot of wings too!​

Quote:
You should move to the "city" for a while, you would be surprised what "city" people will take as the "truth" when it comes to consuming animals. Order dark meat at KFC, I've yet to figure out how they cut up the thigh, doesn't look like the thigh I end up with when I cut up a chicken

Just a machine cut of thigh + half of the back so the uninformed think they are getting a huge piece of meat.

Back
Top Bottom