6 wk old male duckling respiratory issue

Ok, so there is not 100% semetry of the neck when full, but it is a little larger on his right side than left, but so is Willows. I've attched a picture of him straight on after breakfast.

I took a look at his nares again after finding a small feather just inside one causing him to snort. I used a bright light to examine further in again. (picture attached) It looks dirty. With no point of reference for how they should look, I looked at willows for comparison and her nasal cavity was as clean, smooth and glossy as outside of her bill.

I'm worried, 😟but decided to encourage washing his nares by putting some chopped tomatoes in a deep enough container to assure he'd submerge his whole head. I checked again after, but even wet I can still see what I hope isn't a fungus film.🥺

I'm going to let them dry while he naps and look again. The last time I looked I was looking for obstructions and to make sure I could see all the way through his beek and did't even think to look at the interior surface.

Attachments

• 20211018_110947.jpg
    20211018_110947.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 20211018_075844.jpg
    20211018_075844.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
ok, waiting on his nares to dryish up before looking he had a neezing fit. They do not appear as dirty, but still look like there's some stuff. Like granular sandy dirty. His nose was runny from the sneezing so will keep an eye and check it's appearance through the day. Giving nutri drench today.

Back
Top Bottom