6 yr old hen struggling- crop issue?

I’m happy to report that she seems to be doing really well! Crop seems to be functioning basically normally, behavior very normal, no swelling in abdomen. I did end up ordering Fish Mox so have on hand, but she was looking so much better when it arrived I decided not to start it.

I can’t say anything I did helped her turn the corner, but am glad that, at least for now, her body seems strong enough on its own to get her through whatever was happening.

I really do appreciate the advice I got here, helped me try some new things I didn’t know about-the coconut oil massage is something I will file away in case I have crop issues in the future, and my vet kit is now stocked with tums and fish mox!

I’m happy to report that she seems to be doing really well! Crop seems to be functioning basically normally, behavior very normal, no swelling in abdomen. I did end up ordering Fish Mox so have on hand, but she was looking so much better when it arrived I decided not to start it.

I can’t say anything I did helped her turn the corner, but am glad that, at least for now, her body seems strong enough on its own to get her through whatever was happening.

I really do appreciate the advice I got here, helped me try some new things I didn’t know about-the coconut oil massage is something I will file away in case I have crop issues in the future, and my vet kit is now stocked with tums and fish mox!
I'm glad to hear that she's doing much better!
Thank you for the update.

Back
Top Bottom