6th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2015 Hatch-A-Long

are you willing to have them shipped? Check out www.papaspoultry.com

I may go with shipped, but am trying to find local first because I have not had much luck with shipped eggs and successful hatching
hmm.png
But they were shipped in the heat of summer, so not sure if that had something to do with it? Thank you for the info
big_smile.png
a few people have recommended this site with great success in hatching so just might try it!

I may go with shipped, but am trying to find local first because I have not had much luck with shipped eggs and successful hatching
hmm.png
But they were shipped in the heat of summer, so not sure if that had something to do with it? Thank you for the info
big_smile.png
a few people have recommended this site with great success in hatching so just might try it!
Get the eggs from papa. I doubt that the eggs you had shipped to you before were packed correctly.

If they were sitting in an egg carton, they were not shipped correctly.

Yes, heat is very bad for shipping eggs. Cold is not as bad.

Get the eggs from papa. I doubt that the eggs you had shipped to you before were packed correctly.

If they were sitting in an egg carton, they were not shipped correctly.

Yes, heat is very bad for shipping eggs. Cold is not as bad.

Mine were shipped individually wrapped and then within filler material in the box. They had a rough ride in the mail for sure...one broke but the rest were fine...started to develop and quit
sad.png
such a bummer!

Mine were shipped individually wrapped and then within filler material in the box. They had a rough ride in the mail for sure...one broke but the rest were fine...started to develop and quit
sad.png
such a bummer!
The best way is to wrap the eggs like a taquito roll, leaving the ends open. The then go into a small box that is lined with foam. Space is filled with nuggets or news paper. the first box is wrapped in small bubble pack of soft foam. The big box is lined with bubble wrap. The small box goes into the big box and has foam nuggets or paper packed around it.

The taquito wrapping the egg suspends each egg and allow for movement with out breaking. The second box allows for damage to the box without smashing the eggs.

Thanks! That is how they were wrapped, but not double boxed so maybe that was the issue. I believe I had loose aircells(still learning
wink.png
) so that probably combined with heat had something to do with it? Thanks for the info and pics...now I know to ask how they are wrapped when shipped! Going to papabrooders site.....

Yay! I'll finally get to join in my first hatch-a-long!

I plan to set just under a dozen eggs from my Splash/Copper EEs and my Blue Copper Marans Rooster for some knock out EE's. Now, I just have to convince these girls that they should start laying now in the dead of winter!

th.gif

If all else fails I'll put him over my Blk Copper Marans Hen, One of the Splash/Wheaten EE's (whose been laying like a champion all fall), and my Cream Legbar Hen, for a mix of Olive Egger's and Blk/BluCMs!

This sounds like a lot of fun! I have a small incubator I can use, holds up to twelve eggs. Picking what eggs to hatch is going to be the tough part. =/ Maybe a fun variety or something... TOO FUN!

Yay! I'll finally get to join in my first hatch-a-long!

I plan to set just under a dozen eggs from my Splash/Copper EEs and my Blue Copper Marans Rooster for some knock out EE's. Now, I just have to convince these girls that they should start laying now in the dead of winter!

th.gif

If all else fails I'll put him over my Blk Copper Marans Hen, One of the Splash/Wheaten EE's (whose been laying like a champion all fall), and my Cream Legbar Hen, for a mix of Olive Egger's and Blk/BluCMs!

This sounds like a lot of fun! I have a small incubator I can use, holds up to twelve eggs. Picking what eggs to hatch is going to be the tough part. =/ Maybe a fun variety or something... TOO FUN!
It will be fun!

Yup!! Such an AWESOME idea. I'm glad I found this thread
ya.gif
Welcome
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom